WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines for those working in the industry or wine enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
• How wine is made
• What factors influence wine style
• The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
• The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
• Label terminology
• Food and wine pairing principles
• How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course to participate in any alcohol tasting.