Shanghai, 29 June 2023 – East Meets West Fine Wines (EMW) announced new import and distribution partnerships with 4 Burgundy wineries. With the help of these partnerships, EMW is expanding its preeminent portfolio of family-owned and premium wineries to serve more wine lovers and clients in the Greater China market.
Domaine Florent Garaudet
The 5th generation to cultivate the family domaine.
- Domaine Florent Garaudet is located at the very heart of Burgundy's Côte de Beaune, in the village of Monthelie. Growers from father to son, Florent Garaudet is the 5th generation to cultivate a part of the family domaine.
- Approximately 60% of the 3 hectares domain is planted in Pinot Noir on those vineyards surrounding Monthelie, whilst 40% is planted in Chardonnay and extending over the appellations of Meursault and Puligny-Montrachet, with a further small parcel of Aligoté vines in Puligny.
- At the moment of harvest, the bunches are brought to the cuverie whole and in small containers to maintain quality. The alcoholic fermentation ensues naturally with the yeast present and without the use of any chemical products, further emphasizing the notion of terroir.
- The wines will be racked off, naturally by gravity, into oak casks in our two-hundred-year-old cellar. Aging is entirely in French oak barrels, made from wood rigorously selected from a range of different origins, with approximately one-third new barrels each year.
* Greater China Market Exclusivity
Domaine Florent Garaudet Meursault Vieilles Vignes Cote de Beaune AOC
Domaine Florent Garaudet Les Champs Fulliots Monthelie Premier Cru AOC
Domaine Florent Garaudet La Taupine Monthelie Premier Cru AOC
Domaine Florent Garaudet Monthelie Vieilles Vignes AOC
Domaine Florent Garaudet Monthelie Le Mons Helios Cote de Beaune AOC
Domaine Florent Garaudet Volnay Vieilles Vignes AOC
Domaine Florent Garaudet Pommard Vieilles Vignes AOC
Domaine Levert Barault
An honest reflection of the Mercurey terroir
- Its establishment by the Levert family dates back to the 16th century with records of their appearance still remaining in the center of Mercurey old town. It is said to be one of the oldest domaines in Mercurey.
- It has an exceptional 9.5-hectare vineyard located in the center of Saint-Martin-Sous-Montaigu, whose iconic blocks are called Les Combins, les Champs Martin and Clos des Barrault. It owns the oldest vineyard in Mercurey.
- A 1er cru facing southeast, with good sunshine and reddish-brown limestone sandstone - it is the signature work of the winery that honestly represents the southern terroir of Mercurey. The old vines with 40-70 years are organically grown. They only keep half the number of bud to reduce the final yield, 100% destemmed and 30% new oak barrels.
* Greater China Market Exclusivity
Domaine Levert Barault Mercurey - L'Automne
Domaine Levert Barault Mercurey 1er Cru Champs Martin
Domaine Levert Barault Mercurey 1er Cru La Chassiere
Domaine Roland Lavantureux
A passion passed down from generation to generation.
- Marine and Gervais Lavantureux began to sell the wines from the domaine in Auxerre and Paris. Their son Roland Lavantureux was the first to bottle the wines in 1979. It was at that moment that he gave his name to the domaine.
- Together with his wife Brigitte, Roland then expanded the domaine from 5 hectares to 20 hectares and continued to develop the business in France and abroad.
- Since 2010, Arnaud and David, the family's third generation, continue to write the domaine's history with the enlargement of the cellar in 2012.
- The priority of the art of vinification is to reveal the differences of each terroir and highlight the value and specificities of each vintage. The wines aged in tanks maintain their freshness and fruit while aging in barrels allows to bring complexity and depth.
- In the vineyards, they practice sustainable viticulture, attentive to preserving the qualitative potential of products as long as possible. The old vines, more than 60 years old today, witness the longevity and the good sense of their work. Plowing the entirety of the vineyards permits to aerate the soils, encouraging subterranean life and forcing the vines' roots to draw on the reserves in Chablis' limestone subsoil.
* Macau Market
Domaine Roland Lavantureux Vieilles Vignes, Chablis AOC
Domaine Roland Lavantureux 'Vauprin', Chablis AOC
Domaine Roland Lavantureux Vau de Vey, Chablis Premier Cru AOC
Domaine Chantal Lescure
A precise reflection of their terroir.
- Founded in 1975 by Chantal Lescure and Xavier Machard de Gramont, Domaine Chantal Lescure is a family estate which today operates a 19 ha vineyard.
- Located at the north on the slopes of Dijon and at the south to Meursault, this vineyard is fully cultivated in certified organic farming since 2006.
- It is lately bought by Eric Rousseau of the Armand Rousseau estate, and Jean-Philippe Girard. In this new adventure, Jean-Philippe Girard has teamed up with Eric Rousseau as he is the head of the famous Domaine Armand Rousseau in Gevrey-Chambertin. François Chavériat, who has been running the estate for 26 years, will however remain in place, as will his teams.
- "We want to keep the same philosophy and the same guideline, to produce authentic, lively and pure wines. In the vineyard as in the cellar, our teams do not change as well as our cultivation and vinification methods. Combining our historical know-how, this adventure opens a horizon, rich in beautiful perspectives." declared Jean-Philippe Girard, Eric Rousseau and François Chavériat in a joint statement.
* Distribution area expansion to Hong Kong and Macau; Greater China Market Exclusivity
Domaine Chantal Lescure, “Les Chouacheux”, Beaune 1er Cru AOC
Domaine Chantal Lescure, “Les Vignots”, Pommard AOC
Domaine Chantal Lescure, “Les Vaumuriens”, Pommard AOC
Domaine Chantal Lescure, “Les Bertin”, Pommard 1er Cru AOC
EMW Fine Wines
EMW is a leading importer, distributor, and brand builder in the Greater China market, working closely with more than 100 family-owned and premium wine estates, sake breweries, and craft spirit producers from 16 countries worldwide. EMW has an unequaled distribution network to top restaurants, hotels, wine shops, online VIP customers, and an exclusive network of distribution covering over 160 cities in China. EMW has been awarded "Best Wine Importer" for 11 consecutive years since 2011 by China Sommeliers Wine Challenge and WINE100 Challenge.
Dee ZHANG Brand Manager, Greater China
Juanita YU Marketing Director, Greater China
Tel: +86 (21) 6282 4966/8020
Shanghai Office Address: Unit 202, No.664 Xinhua Road, Changning District, Shanghai